Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Midsummer celebration











I just received my copy of Lonely Planet magazine where one of the articles is about midsummer celebration in Sweden. Has anyone been to a midsummer celebration in Scandinavia? The article intrigues me a lot that I'd like to go, maybe next year. It's a time when people go out to the island countryside, to dine al fresco, dance, make music, weave flowers in their hair and carry on. I just checked summer airfares and they are prohibitively expensive. The only to afford it (barely) is to travel on Wednesdays or Thursdays. While these pictures are not in Scandinavia, one gets a general idea, there'll be wild flower meadows everywhere. This is spring time in the Peloponnese, Mystra, to be exact.
This is one way how I plan my trips, I see a magazine article that intrigues me and the next opportunity I have, I'm there. I watched the movie, 'The passion of the Christ', loved the location and the next year I was there, in Matera, Italy where the film was shot. Matera is also one of my all time favorite places.
(Click on the pictures to expand it)

No comments: